Repurpose and recycle by turning an empty cylinder container and lid into a awesome Father's Day personalized gift box keepsake or use as a holder for those important items like pens or pencils or special mementos.
It's really fun to make in a few easy steps:
First, gather the following supplies:
Recycled cylinder container and lid
Photo - fit to size
Hot glue gun
- Using the cylinder can as a guide, measure and cut chalkboard fabric to size.
- Cut out an opening on the fabric slightly smaller than photo.
- Place photo on back of fabric opening and secure with tape.
- Apply glue to back around opening and center fabric with photo on container. Add additional glue to container and smooth on fabric around the entire container.
I don't have very many pictures of my father - but he looks just like I remember him here - always wearing a shirt and tie!
He's holding his grandson, Oliver. Forever in our hearts!
- Using the lid as a guide, trace circle on chalk fabric and cut out slightly smaller than lid.
- Attach the fabric circle to top of lid with glue.
Using the edge of a scissor's blade, curl the ends.
Begin rolling the strip, wrong side out, applying a bit of glue as you roll to the end to secure.
Fluff flower strips
Make a bow by bringing the ends together of a 8 1/2 inch strip of chalkboard fabric. Squeeze the center together and wrap a small piece of fabric around, gluing in place. Add the flower to the center of bow with glue and attach to lid.
Add a small gift - like folded handkerchiefs, socks or tie - inside for a lovely Father's Day gift.
On the outside, write a thoughtful sentiment in chalk to personalize the gift!
And when the gift is removed, the container can function as a pen & pencil holder!
Makes for a wonderful repurpose handcrafted keepsake for Father's Day!
Join me in celebrating Father's Day! I'm part of a group of creative bloggers who celebrate themed hops throughout the year.
Check out all of our Father's Day projects and join us by linking up below!
Take a little time to enjoy