The following is a re-post of an earlier one from 2015.
Do you think you will be looking for something green to wear on St Paddy's Day to avoid getting pinched? Say what now? You know as the old saying goes . . . people who wear green on that day are invisible to leprechauns and fairy creatures who would pinch anyone they could see, that is, anyone not wearing green.
Why not pinch-proof yourself by making an adorable green brooch to wear made out of hot glue? It's so quick and easy to do!
You will need:
Hot glue gun/glue
Craft foam sheets
Pin back/E6000 glue
- Trace shamrock onto a craft foam sheet. I used two different kinds, plain green and glitter green.
|Using Plain Green Foam Sheet|
- Outline the pattern with hot glue - I found it's best to start with a well heated hot glue gun so that the glue flows easily. Also, I had to "help" the glue stick by pushing down on it to try to keep the flow even. I used a cheap glue gun and I could have had a steadier hand but it takes practice for me to keep the lines even.
- Fill in the rest of the shamrock with hot glue.
|Using Green Glitter Foam Sheet|
- While glue is still hot, add rhinestones/crystals and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, cut shamrock out.
Sorry about the air bubbles but that's the beauty of handcrafted items - there're always imperfections!
- Apply pin fastener to back using E6000. The glitter foam sheet had an adhesive backing so I removed the paper and placed interfacing on the sticky surface before adding the pin.
Cute, cute, cute!
These hot glue shamrock brooches are some of the cutest pieces of jewelry you can make to help celebrate the luckiest day of the year and be pinch-proof, too!
Thanks for stopping by
and take a little time to enjoy -