As promised in my post on wrapped rope on glass, here is an easy, and I mean EASY, tutorial on making cute little lavender seed bead flowers.
You only need:
- Seed beads
- Green cloth stem wire (18 gauge)
- Hot glue
- Cool cup of water
- Coat the end of the cloth wire stem with hot glue. It might get messy but don't worry.
2. Rotate the stem around so the glue settles somewhat evenly.
3. Dip the glue stem into a small cup of seed beads (I mixed two purple bead colors together to mimic the colors of the flowers on the napkins) and twirl around, coating the glue with beads.
4. Remove the stem . . . the beads and glue will be soft to shape and manipulate. *Remember the water!
You can add more glue if you want to make the flower larger or to cover any missed areas.
5. The glue will remain soft for several seconds . . . to stop movement of the glue and beads, I quickly plunged the flower into a cup of cool water. You can also put all of your fingers in cool water and touch the beaded flower to set the glue and beads and to stop movement until completely dry. That's it! So easy!
The wrapped containers with decoupage napkins tutorial can be found here.
Have fun making these!!!
Take a little time to enjoy