Here's how I put one together:
I remembered seeing little wrapped presents at the Dollar Tree and I already had a small Christmas Tree, so next I had to make a simple no-sew Santa bag and then, put it all together.
Wrapped packaged presents (Dollar Tree)
Styrofoam ball (small)
Fabri-Tac fabric glue
Styrofoam ball - 6"(half)
Floral wire stem - 14"(thick)
Let's begin by making a no-sew Santa's bag.
- Cut a piece of fleece 12"x7"
- Fold the ends over 1/2" and iron the folds for grooves for the drawstrings.
- Open crease and place a ruler 1/8" away from edge to keep the glue inline. Then apply fabric glue along the fabric edge.
- Cut two 12" cords and place one on open fold and close, sealing the fabric together. Run fingers along edge securing the fabric together. Repeat steps on opposite end.
- To seal bag sides, place ruler 1/8" from edge and run a bead of fabric glue along the long edge half way. Do the same on the opposite side and fold the bag close, sealing the side edges with your fingers. Once dry, knot the drawstring ends.
- Turn bag inside out.
- Next, place a small amount of poly-fil in corners of bag to fill out.
- Then cut the larger foam ball in half and insert into bag at an angle.
- Bend the floral stem into a slight L shape and place into foam and secure with glue and let dry.
- Cut the small foam ball in half and glue in place on wood base. Add a bit of glue onto base of tree and insert into foam ball. Let dry.
- Place a mound of hot glue on wood base and insert a slightly bent end of the floral stem. Let glue set up. Once dry, add more hot glue to top of floral stem, sealing in place. Hold floral stem until glue sets up and dries.
- Begin gluing presents into opening of Santa's Bag and around stem . . .
cascading down and around the base of the tree. I tried making a few small wraps but they were too time consuming and didn't look that great, either.
- Add a few ornaments and or lights to the tree and you're all set!
And ready for the kitchen or elsewhere!
Take a little time to enjoy
Happy Holiday Crafting!