|Birch Lane Source|
To begin, I had pieces of grapevines left over from other projects and I wrapped them into a circle.
Next, I applied mod podge to several different colors of burlap that I had left over, too, and let dry for a few hours.
Then, I began the task of punching out the flowers. Since my hand was still sore, it was easier for me to sit in a chair in my garage and punch out the flowers using my feet. It took me about a total of two hours to punch out all of the flowers used and it was great exercise - something I really need!
The punch was a EK large flower pattern, and I had to apply a lot of pressure to cut out the burlap flowers evenly.
I used an old measuring spoon from powder plant food and my thumb to shape the stiff burlap flowers since I didn't have any embossing tools.
Next, I cut out pale green burlap leaves using a hydrangea leaf pattern I found online.
And glued them on around the grapevine wreath.
Then I began gluing on the flowers.
Once all the flowers were glued on, I added dots of puffy paint to the center of the flowers.
You can hardly see the first set of leaves, so I added more for a fuller look.
The Birch Lane wreath is listed for $85.00. It did not get good reviews. One person said it was a waste of money and the other person said it was not as pictured. I think my wreath looks adorable and it was virtually free since I used leftover materials from other projects.
Take a little time to enjoy