Thinking about a quick and easy way to decorate for Valentine's . . . one that's different and catches the eye of your loved ones? How about making a hanging 3D heart within a heart?
- glittered cardstock
- glue stick
- decorative beads
All you have to do is:
- Draw two 1/2 heart images (smaller heart in center) on a 5 1/2"x8 1/2" cardboard and cut out.
- Fold six or more* - 8 1/2"x11" sheets of glittered cardstock in half and using the cutout cardboard heart image, draw the hearts on the plain side of the cardstock, on the folded edge and cut out. Make sure all the edges match perfectly. * You can cut out as many as twelve hearts for a nice full, twirly look. Also, save the middle hearts, glue together same way for cute little ornaments!
- Using a glue stick, apply glue to the plain side of one closed heart and press a second closed heart together, making sure edges match.
- Continue gluing hearts to one side until you have two sets of three or four hearts together. Let dry completely.
- For a bit of bling, add decorative beads to hanging twine and place beaded end in center of open heart group.
- Apply glue to twine so that the beaded end is hanging down and straight. Let glue dry.
- Once the twine is dry, close heart and glue second heart group to first group and let dry completely. Finally, open and admire your handicraft!
Hang your open heart under a chandelier or in the window. Make several and have a beautiful wonderland of glittery hearts!
Take a little time to enjoy