I love crafting with dollar store items. I found the cutest holiday boxes and thought how adorable they would be stacked on top of one another. And then, I decided to make the boxes into lighted dioramas using items from the dollar store.
Making dioramas is a wonderful way of creating holiday or themed scenes in a small space.
1. I started with three graduated boxes and LED 10-light sets from the $ store.
2. Then I cut out the front, leaving the tops on.
3. Next, painted the red interiors white and then painted the sides of the boxes light blue.
4. Sprinkled white glitter on the wet paint for a sparkling snowy effect.
5. Punched 10 random holes in the back using first, an exacto knife and then a small pair of scissors to enlarge the holes.
6. Pushed lights into the back of the boxes and glued the battery packs to back.
7. Added loose fake snowflakes on bottom and placed items around for a holiday-wintry scene.
What a fun way to display a holiday message.
These adorable lighted Christmas dioramas will add a holiday glow to any décor!
Take a little time to enjoy
Happy Holiday Crafting!