How cute are they in all their glitter glory!
I knew it would be easy creating my version of these lovelies.
Here's how I did it:
- pine cones
- Styrofoam balls
- gold paint
- mod podge
- 2 beads for eyes
- earring back for nose (or anything you can use)
- hot glue gun
- glitter cardboard
- two 18 gauge wire stems
2. Coat the Styrofoam balls (for head) with mod podge and sprinkle glitter over them. Once dry, seal glitter with more mod podge to prevent glitter from coming off. Hot glue eyes and nose to head.
3. Glue head to flat portion of pinecone.
4. Cut out four petal shapes for wings and four narrow petals for tails out of the glitter cardboard. Glue two blanks sides together for the wings (2) and do the same for tails (2).
5. Hot glue wings in place. Crisscross tails and glue near bottom back of pinecone.
6. Bend 3 loops in center of wire stems for the feet.
7. Crisscross wires and wrap around each other.
8. Press the loops (feet) flat with wrapped wire perpendicular, cut excess wire.
Paint feet/legs gold and hot glue ends and insert into bottom of pinecones.
10, 11, 12. Admire your adorable bird!
Cute little birds that are handcrafted with a pinecone body and wire feet!
Add a loop and use as an ornament.This is a great craft to do with kids, not just for Christmas but during the winter months, too. Pinecones are so plentiful!
Happy Holiday Crafting!